We’re excited to announce release v2.14.0 of our products.
Highlights in this release include:
- Mistral is in the process of being turbo charged to scale better in systems with thousands of mount points. The changes will increase performance of all large-scale systems using Mistral and will be finalised in Mistral 3.0. In the meantime, you can enable the new functionality alongside existing Mistral capabilities with the 3.0 beta options.
- Breeze performance has also been improved on systems with thousands of mount points.
- Altair Flowtracer support has been added to Breeze and Mistral so that builds and workflows that are orchestrated with Flowtracer can now be traced and profiled without monitoring the Flowtracer product infrastructure as well. The combination is a powerful way to control and tune complex workflows.
- Both Breeze and Mistral now have the option to use the Altair LMX license server. This will be the default licensing mechanism for new customers.
- You can now see host CPU statistics in Breeze.
- New I/O Summary and Duration view exports in Breeze.
This release also includes numerous other improvements and bug fixes; you can read the full list of changes below:
- Breeze User Manual 2.14.0
- Mistral User Manual 2.14.0
- The following manual has detailed information on how to trace applications using Breeze HPC and Breeze TraceOnly. This is a reference for those using Breeze HPC as well as those who don’t have a licence for Breeze HPC, but want to trace something for someone working remotely such as a Field Application Engineer.Breeze TraceOnly User Manual 2.14.0
- Breeze user guide for field application engineers and their customers – Breeze FAE user guide
- Breeze Dockerfile Generator user manual 2.14.0
- Breeze Installation Guide
- Breeze Quick Start Guide
- Mistral Quick Start Guide
It is important to note that Mistral was changed (in v2.13.4) to only collect data per mount point, rather than by arbitrary path and no longer combines all the data under /, rather reporting only operations for that mount point. As a result we would recommend updating your contract – the sample kitchen sink contract is a good place to start.